Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wild turkey...

I've posted before about how much I love where we live and in honor of Thanksgiving I want to share one more reason with you.



Wild turkeys! Along with coyotes and hawks and every manner of spider and insect, we have families of wild turkeys roaming the neighborhood.



These shots were taken in our yard...I mean, man, I love living here!

And I'll tell you something else, wild turkeys can fly! This contradicts my long held belief that turkeys were flightless birds - something I've believed since the Thanksgiving episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" when the station staged a marketing stunt that went bad. They hired a helicopter to throw turkeys into the crowd for a Thanksgiving promotion but the turkeys couldn't fly and...well, see for yourself...news-man Les Nessman reporting live from the scene:



Happy Thanksgiving everyone. And don't always believe what you see on TV!

1 comment:

molly said...

you always find the greatest bits of memory.