Friday, December 19, 2008

Battening down the hatches...

We're expecting the first major storm of the season today. Snow is forecasted to start late this morning and before the night is over we may have as much as a foot on the ground.

Of course the local TV stations have gone apoplectic and have initiated "Storm Watch Coverage." Thankfully, Channel 7 has opened the "News 7 Critical Weather Action Center."

In response to the hysteria, many schools have already cancelled classes or moved to half-day schedules. The mayor and governor have ordered all "non-essential" employees to stay home.

In this economy, I'm not sure that I would be comfortable if I were considered "non-essential."

I joined the rest of my community at the grocery store last night so the Foil family is stocked with food. I may have also stopped at the liquor store for provisions.

Assuming that we maintain power throughout this "crisis", I hope to post a picture or two throughout the day.

Wish us luck and stay warm everybody!

No comments: