Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Strictly for the dorkiest of space nerds...

NASA is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Apollo Missions with all kinds of events and multimedia reminiscences.

Nature.com is going deep geek by recreating the Apollo 11 mission Twitter style. They're twittering mission details and updates in what would have been real-time if the micro-blogging site had existed in 1969.

As though Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins had iPhones!

It strikes me that the computing power in an iPhone probably exceeds that of the computers running the lunar lander in 1969. Normally I would research that as a service to my voluminous readership but you know, I'm posting from work so...

Crazy. Anyway, if you're hard-core, you can follow the Twitter feed here but I think that we can all agree that this is strictly for the geekiest among us!

No comments: